+43 6477/8224-0
 
 
 
 

Tradition

The Eggerwirt has been in family ownership since 1640 and enjoys a long and rich tradition

How did the Wellnesshotel Eggerwirt come by its’ name?
The main house was owned by the Egger Family until 1930. Sebastian Egger died and his widow remarried a “Moser”. Three children were born into this marriage, one of whom was Albert Moser, who inherited the business and is the present owner’s grandfather.

How was the old farm turned into Wellnesshotel Eggerwirt?
Albert Moser senior managed the farm and guest house from 1930 to 1968. Summer tourists started visiting St. Michael in the 1950’s and it was therefore considered prudent to invest in a few guest rooms. By the time Johann Moser inherited the business in 1968 there were a small number of guest beds at the Eggerwirt. The old guest house was then turned into a 3 star hotel, which had around 20 beds and was known for its’ great food. The foundations for today’s Hotel Eggerwirt were laid in 1973.

Today’s owners
 

1978

After the early dead of his father in the year 1978, Albert Moser and his wife operated the hotel.
 
 
 

1986

Construction work on the first hotel annexe (today’s Sonnenhaus) began in 1986 and the number of beds was increased to 120. At that time the leisure facilities consisted of two tennis courts, skittle lanes and extensive gardens to relax in. During this building phase, an indoor pool, small sauna and a steam room were added.
 
 
 

1990

The main hotel entrance was relocated to the east side of the hotel in 1990 and a connecting walkway was created between the main hotel and the Sonnenhaus annexe. The inviting Michaeli Lounges were also added during this building phase.
 
 
 

1991

The buffet room was extended in 1991 and an additional restaurant, the Michaelistube, was newly built.
 
 
 

1993

The rooms above the Samson Lounge were renovated in1993 and a new floor was added to the main house.
 
 
 

1994

Wellness, spa and sport have always played a pivotal role at the Eggerwirt and work to convert the hotel into a wellness hotel began in 1994, with a larger sauna and extension work to the “Almruhe”.
 
 
 

1995

The focus moved towards families in1995 and the Schlaraffen Land and Mini Club were built. The sports shop and butchers, previously housed in the ground floor of the Sonnenhaus, moved out and were replaced by 10 bedrooms.
 
 
 

1996

The second phase of major renovation works to what is today’s spa began in 1996. The first swimming lake was built on the former tennis court site.
 
 
 

2003

The underground car park with room for 100 cars was built in 2003.
 
 
 

2005

The reception was rebuilt in 2005, during which the Samson Lounge was renovated, extended and redesigned.
 
 
 

2007

30 new rooms were added to the main house in 2007.
 
 
 

2009/10

The original swimming lake was replaced by a larger one in 2009/10 and both of the relaxation rooms (Teichruhe and Almruhe), saline floatation pool and infrared cabins were built new.
 
 
 

2010

15 south facing rooms were added to the main house in 2010.